Appeals from Administrative Agency Decisions

If a government agency makes a decision that takes something away from you (driving privileges; work licenses; liquor license; unemployment benefits), you have a right to appeal.   Most often, these are appeals on the record.   You or your attorney may have to file an appeal in the appropriate court.   If testimony was taken at a hearing, a transcript must be ordered along with copies of any exhibits that were entered into evidence.   We will then have to file a memorandum or brief detailing all of our arguments regarding why the decision of the government agency should be modified or reversed.   Because the appeal process can take up to several months, we may be able to file for a “stay” of the agency decision.  A “stay” will prevent the decision from going into effect until all the appeals have been decided.   Call us today for a free phone or office consultation: 301-251-9001.